Pages

Apr 8, 2012

Isla Reta Beach Resort, Talicud, IGACOS

We spent 3 days and 2 nights camping at Isla Reta Beach Resort in Sta. Cruz, Talicud, Island Garden City of Samal (IGACOS). It was my first time to go on camping and I love it. I never thought camping could be this fun and comfortable. I thought I would feel uncomfortable camping alongside the beach because of the sand and whatever sea animals or insects around but it was never our problem. In fact we were glad that we had chosen the tent rather than the resort’s available nipa hut room which we don’t like at all because the room has a very small window hence its too hot and dark inside.

At Isla Reta private wharf where the resorts' own boat docks.


White sand beach

What I like about this beach resort:
  • Crystal clear water
  • White sand (though it has too many rocks and dead sea shells)
  • The tents’ brand is Coleman which I think is of good quality. The rent costs us Php 400.00 per night, plus Php 150.00 each for overnight stay, so all in all Php 700.00 per night accommodation.
  • Near my hometown Davao City. Just an hour and a half boat ride from Sta. Ana wharf.
  • Staffs were nice and accommodating to customers.

Marvin at our tent.
There where very few tents when we arrived on Wednesday a day before Maundy Thursday

Nice view taken from our tent


Another shot taken from our tent on a different angle
  
What I don’t like about this beach resort:
  • Pricey and limited food choices and drinks
  • Beach has too many rocks and dead sea shells, jelly fish, no corals and few fish.
  • The beach is relatively small.
  • There are few comfort rooms and shower rooms. We were there on Maundy Thursday until Good Friday when there were many tourists with limited CR and shower rooms (plus the salty water was not running regularly during that time, I don’t know why) so it was really frustrating.
Pricey menu

At the main restaurant

Victim of jelly fish


All in all I enjoyed our stay because it was my first time to go on camping in a beach and I was comfortable (except about the CR and shower rooms) sleeping inside the tent. I know I shouldn’t but I really can’t help compare all the beaches I’ve visited to El Nido, Palawan which I think has the best beaches in the Philippines. Beaches in El Nido, Palawan will forever be the perfect beach for me but I also appreciate other beaches as well, like Isla Reta Beach Resort.


Crystal clear water



My next post is about how to go to Isla Reta Beach Resort and some helpful tips. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...