Pages

Mar 28, 2012

Lake Sebu 7 Falls, Lake Sebu, South Cotabato


I had a great time last week trekking around the mountainous Lake Sebu 7 Falls. It is one of the main attractions in South Cotabato aside from the lake resorts. As the name implies it is comprised of 7 falls though we were able to visit only the two falls (time constraint did not allow us to visit the other falls) and is in the municipality of Lake Sebu, under the province of South Cotabato. 

One of the 7 falls and first falls you'll see from the main entrance
(top part of the mountain) of the falls. 



Lake Sebu 7 Falls is one of my reasons for including Lake Sebu as one of my top Philippine destinations. For travelers who love trekking the mountain and visiting the waterfalls, this destination is definitely the place to go. Though I am not really into mountains ( I prefer the beach ) I enjoyed hiking this hilly tourist attraction for some nice view of the waterfalls.

      

Picture above is the second falls we visited. It is the falls near the bottom part of the mountain. 
When going to Lake Sebu  7 Falls, it is advisable to rent a vehicle ( jeep or van) from Surallah (a nearby municipality) public terminal if you are in a group. The distance is about 25 kilometers with no traffic. Since it’s Marvin’s home province we just traveled via motorcycle from his parent's home in Surallah, South Cotabato.

Walking through the 774 steps, going down the mountain
from the entrance above



This is my second time in this place, the first one was on August 2010. For about a year and a half, I noticed the increase of visitors. 
  
View of the falls from afar

lush of plants and trees 


Zip line cost Php 250.00 per person.
I did not ride though because I'm a bit scared of heights.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...