Pages

Feb 5, 2012

Manila : Through My Eyes


Some few days to go and I'm off to Manila. I miss the place after about 10 months of living in my hometown Davao. They say Manila is the place we love to hate. Maybe because it is a city of contrasts. There are pictures of extravagant homes and condos of the wealthy people in Manila featured in high society magazines. Another picture is the wooden shanties built closely to each other (but not featured in high society magazines). Welcome to Manila!



Out of boredom, I searched about Manila just to find out what is the general perception  many people in the world wide web have about Manila. Below is what I see...ouch.

Below is an excerpt from support.google explaining how google algorithms work, simply put, how google determine the predicted queries.  

How autocomplete works
As you type, Google's algorithm predicts and displays search queries based on other users' search activities. If you're signed in to your Google Account and have Web History enabled, you might also see search queries from relevant searches that you've done in the past. 
Predicted queries are algorithmically determined based on a number of purely objective factors (including popularity of search terms) without human intervention. The autocomplete data is updated frequently to offer fresh and rising search queries.


It is so different when you search for Bangkok, which will first suggest about their well-known online tourism campaign "Bangkok is Waiting for You". 

Well everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Most people around the world might find Manila ugly but I say Manila is not that ugly. I know it is far from perfect but it is not that ugly either. There are some good sides also. There are a lot of historical structures worth visiting not to mention the modern day beauty of some places. A city of contrasts indeed.

Below are some of my memorable photos in Manila.

Enjoying the Manila Bay Sunset



Manila Cathedral behind me

Intramuros with my cousin


For some more nice places in Manila, I find this blog post somewhat informative yet concise.

Enjoy weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...