Pages

Feb 14, 2012

Manila - A Travelogue

Feb 10, 2012
Day 2


I had a great time roaming around Intramuros. It's actually my third time touring this historical core in Manila but I still enjoy it as much as before. No Intramuros tour is complete without visiting the Fort Santiago so I spent most of the time strolling and taking pictures here. Fort Santiago is part of the structures of Intramuros which was designed for defence in warfare and military bases. It was built by Spanish conquistador, Miguel Lopez de Legazpi for the then newly established city of Manila.

old buildings in Intramuros


Manila Cathedral


I woke up early. It's quite strange to sleep in a hotel room all by yourself. I'm looking forward to Marvin's arrival after many months on board. He was still waiting for his plane ticket from his principal office. The life of a seaman- until he got his plane ticket, nothing is certain as to when he can come home. He is supposed to go home a month ago. Anyway, I was certain to have a pleasurable tour in Intramuros while I wait for him to arrive.










Together with my sister, I arrived Intramuros at about 10 in the morning. It is better to go there early in the morning when it's not too hot yet. Although we arrived a bit late in the morning, luckily the weather cooperate with us because it's cloudy so it's not too hot. Just perfect for picture taking and strolling. 



Sitting in a vintage bomb (or maybe it's a canon). I was posing like a supermodel but in my mind I had a wild imagination that it might explode.God forbid. Vintage bombs have the possibility to explode. Heard that on the news.









My most favorite part in Intramuros is the Rizal Shrine which houses Jose Rizal's memorabilia. And it is also where Rizal was imprisoned before his execution in 1896. For me, the place is heart-wrenching and mind-blowing. It will make you appreciate the greatness of Rizal. I will have a separate post (or maybe many posts ) regarding our beloved national hero soon because I think he deserves so much accolades.






Reading Rizal's original manuscript of Mi Ultimo Adios for the third time.



Walking through Rizal's footstep from his prison cell to Bagumbayan (now Luneta Park) for his execution on 1896.




On the afternoon upon reaching into my hotel room, I learned that Marvin has now received his plane ticket for the next day flight. I was so happy that after 8 months he's finally going home. I ended the day with my former officemates coming to my hotel room and chatting our way through until 3 AM the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...