Pages

Feb 24, 2012

Shogun Suites Hotel - Pasay, MM



I am captivated by the simplicity, accessibility and affordability of this hotel. I stayed here last week for seven days and now I'm back. It is located along Taft corner Edsa. I recommend this place to those who want to stay in Manila for some few days for work or pleasure. The location is great. It is very near the LRT and MRT just about 3 minutes walk and since it is along the highway, there are jeepneys and taxis just outside. It is also near the airport, just about 20-30 minutes taxi drive. Marvin and I never had any problems going around the busy streets of Manila thanks to the nice location of this hotel.

our room last week

Room has free simple toiletries like shampoo, soap,toothpaste and toothbrush


our room today

Last week, we stayed at Phuket themed room which they also call Superior Room B (Phuket theme) which costs Php 1,700 per night. It includes complimentary breakfast for 2 and free pick-up from the airport. I didn't know about the free pick-up then so I was not able to avail it. But today, Marvin and I was picked up from the airport by the hotel's staff which is a real breeze for travelers alike. We are currently staying at the more affordable Php 1,500 per night. The theme is Venice and this is also under Superior Room B but different theme. It's a very nice room, the paint is very pleasant to the eyes just like our previous room. The only difference aside from the theme of the room is the absence of mini-refrigerator in this room hence the lesser price. But it's very fine with us.




Their complimentary breakfast is a modest (nothing fancy) Filipino breakfast like longsilog.


The only thing that irk me the last time was the smell of the room. I smelled something foul, my sister who visited me then said it was because of the retained cigarette smoke which may have come from the previous guest. She might be right because there was an empty ashtray at the coffee table which might have been used by the previous guest. After some few hours the foul odor had dispersed. Today, in this new room I can't think of any negative comment so far.

One thing I like in this hotel is the nice view of the city skyline through the glass window.


view from our previous room, today's room has a similar nice view too


 I don't mind going back in this hotel over and over again when I'm in Manila. Anyway they have many different themes/look for their rooms, I might just request for a different theme after the other so as not to get tired staying in Phuket or Venice always. Maybe try other themes like Boracay, Hawaii, Broadway or Taj Mahal. There are a lot of choices depending on the availability of course. Better yet make a reservation first which is what we did last week for our room today.

For more info and photos of the hotel here's their facebook account. You may also make a reservation there.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...