Pages

Jan 7, 2012

Psoriasis



Two months ago, I started to have some small red rashes surrounding my navel. It was itchy and I thought it was just a common insect bites. I don’t have any food allergy whatsoever so I thought that must have been the reason. I suspected that it was not just the common insect bites when the rashes grew in number extending to my upper legs and to my back.  My suspicion was validated when I researched about skin conditions in the net. The fact that my aunt has this skin condition (hers’ was at the scalp) it is possible that I will have too. It is common for psoriasis to be found in members of the same family.
photo from medicinenet.com..Mine is very similar to these during it's peak
red-pinkish rashes surrounding my navel area, the big ones are healed
Psoriasis is non-contagious skin condition that produces red (sometimes pinkish), dry plaques of thickened skin. The dry flakes and skin scales are thought to result from the rapid proliferation of skin cells that is triggered by abnormal lymphocytes from the blood . 
my topical cream for the symptoms 
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease. An illness that occurs when the body tissues are attacked by it’s own immune system. As to the exact reason why it happens or the exact factor that turns on psoriasis  is still a mystery. I notice that the symptoms get worse during colder months.
Psoriasis is non-curable (chronic) skin condition. I was quite depressed upon knowing that. Imagine a life with an incurable disease? It doesn’t mean that I will forever have visible rashes since it heals (the rashes) but it has a variable course (of showing up) but periodically worsening. For now most of my rashes are about  to be healed few are still thickened-skin. The rashes might all heal but it doesn’t mean I don’t have psoriasis anymore. It (rashes) might be back  for an indefinite time or it might not show up at all.                                                                                                                                                                                              
Popular celebrity Kim Kardashian is also suffering from this skin condition which she inherited from her mother.
Having this kind of disease makes me appreciate life more and take good cake of myself more. This is my one and only life and spending it by worrying just because of a disease is not worth living. It maybe incurable but is treatable. There are topical creams and lotions available to help treat the symptoms. And with proper nutrition (Vit. A & D are vital vitamins for this condition) and proper sun exposure ( I will definitely go on sun-bathing when I start backpacking) this disease is a not hindrance to live a healthy and chic life just like Kim's.

TCB
 PS: To know more about the symptoms and different kinds of psoriasis, visit this site   http://www.medicinenet.com  and if ever you see any similar symptoms, visit your doctor for proper medication.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...